Call me Ms. Delegate
Just found out that I get to attend Regional Assembly as a delegate! Okay, so it was kind of by default, but I’m still honored! Apparently, MidAmerica Regional Assembly has 11 delegate seats open for the CLF (Church of the Larger Fellowship) and 11 or fewer CLF members attending so I’m a shoe-in.
Seriously though, this will be a wonderful opportunity for me to attend a regional UU business meeting. While I have many years of non-profit management under my belt, I don’t have them in the field of ministry. I’m truly looking forward to the experience.
Don’t think I’ll be so lucky for General Assembly in Providence, but I will be there with my eyes and heart wide open! 😀
30 of My Best Adventures
One of my favorite WordPress blogs is Bucket List Publications by Lesley Carter. She has the right attitude and the get-go to live a full life that she’ll never regret. Recently, Lesley challenged her readers to make their own “Top 5 Bucket List.” Something short and doable in a hectic world.
As someone who’s never actually sat down and put pen to paper on a bucket list, I thought that I should first recall some of the most exciting experiences of my life before I look to the future. So, giving leeway for my memory, here are my top 30 of a lifetime! (Not in any order of importance!)
1. Did touch-and-goes in a Blackhawk on a snow-top mountain, Kosovo
2. Admired the Mona Lisa, The Louvre, Paris, France
3. Climbed a rock, only to rappel back down a cliff leading straight into a kayak, L’Al’Legne, Belgium
4. Slept inches from the home of a monster, Loch Ness, Scotland
5. Played on a glacier, Briksdalsbreen, Norway
6. Took an off-road jungle tour, Kualoa Ranch, O’ahu
7. Watched Old Faithful let off some steam, Yellowstone NP, Wyoming
8. Went to the top of a mountain, Gstaad, Switerzerland
9. Ate pirogues in Boleslawiec, pasties in Newquay, enchiladas in Juarez and drank hefeweizen at the Brauhaus and gluhwein in Wiesbaden. Too many are the gastronomical delights!
10. Petted an alligator, Beaumont, Texas
11. Saw the musical Grease performed live, London’s West End, England
12. Cruised a river aflame, Rhein River, Germany
13. Watched the ‘boys ride the bulls, National Finals Rodeo, Las Vegas, Nevada
14. Drove on a dangerous mountain pass, Macedonia to Albania
15. Hydroplaned on the open water, English Channel, Calais to Dover
16. Rode bareback in a desert monsoon storm, San Pedro River Valley, Arizona
17. Glided on a bullet train, Thalys, Brussels to Paris
18. Sailed on a Catamaran, Honolulu, Hawai’i
19. Became a United States Marine, Parris Island, South Carolina
20. Hiked along the North Rim, Grand Canyon NP, Arizona
21. Got my first tattoo, Budingen, Germany
22. Looked down on the Colorado Rockies from the cockpit of a C-130, Chicago to L.A.
23. Rode my horse in a PRCA Grand Entry and Rodeo Parade, El Paso, Texas
24. Collected rocks and minerals 1,000+ feet under the surface of the earth, Meikle Gold Mine, Carlin, Nevada
25. Cruised a BMW on the German Autobahn
26. Bouldered the day away, Coronado National Forest, Oracle, Arizona
27. Lived in an extinct volcano, Aliamanu, O’ahu
28. Rambled the Scottish Highlands
29. Rode the coasters, Roller Coaster Capital of the World, Cedar Point, Sandusky, Ohio
30. Spent an entire year traveling fulltime in an RV
Wow, that was more difficult than I expected! So many more locations and countries and experiences are bouncing in my head–far too many to list here. My life has truly been an adventure thus far!
And now, to accept Lesley’s challenge …
Co-posted from Dusty’s Musings, Writing my own Bucket List.